Difficulty Level: Moderate
Time: Prep- 15min Cook- 20min
Serving Size: Feeds 4-6 people
4 fillets of Halibut
Seasoning (you can use Lucky13, Frontier, BarnBurner or Pueblo)
- 1 pinch saffron
- ½ cup chopped shallot
- 2 tbs butter
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Chives, chopped 85%in sauce and 15% reserve for topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp Lucky 13
Note: Start with cooking sauce, but start searing halibut halfway into cooking sauce time.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a pan.
- Add the chopped shallot and sauté until soft.
- Add the minced garlic, lemon juice, and about a handful of chopped chives and Lucky 13.
- Combine all of the ingredients and then add the heavy cream.
- Whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Add the saffron. (Pinch firmly between fingers in a rubbing motion while adding to sauce to release oils)
- Whisk the sauce and simmer until it thickens a little more and takes on a deep yellowish color and thickens to hold on spoon.
- Turn off heat.
- Season halibut lightly with your favorite OWSC blend.
- In a non-stick skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Place halibut in skillet and leave alone 3-4 minutes.
- Flip halibut and leave alone 2-4 minutes or until cooked through with a translucent center.
- Place sauce at base of the dish and place halibut in center of dish and top with reserved Chives. (option) Add desired vegetables and enjoy!