Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Time: Prep- 10min Cook- 25min
Serving Size: Feeds 4-6 people, for individual servings reduce all ingredients to ¼ of their original size
2 Tbsp Pueblo Spice Blend
16oz Pasta (We prefer Cellentani. But your choice)
1 Quart Heavy Cream
1 Block 8oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Smoked Gouda Cheese (Grated)
1 Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese (Grated)
16oz Smoked Ham (Diced) Medium Size
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs or Panko
1-2 Tsp Olive Oil
- Boil Pasta in lightly salted water for 3 min less than the directions say. (Generally 6min). When done, drain pasta and let rest.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a deep large sauce pot/pan 4-8qt is recommended. (Heat pot of choice to very hot, dry) Once the pot is hot, pour in all the Heavy Cream and bring to a boil. (When cream boils it rises quickly so be prepared to remove from heat, then return to heat, and remove again. It is a game of cat and mouse to not get your stove dirty as it tries to boil over. If you pot is large enough you will have less worry) Boil until cream is reduced by ¼ to ½ its volume.
- On medium heat, add all of the Cream Cheese and stir until it is incorporated.
- Once incorporated, add Pueblo Spice Blend, Ham, Pasta, Gouda and ¾ of the Pecorino Romano. Stir until all the ingredients are combined, about 5min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together bread crumbs, remaining Pecorino Romano and olive oil. Mix together until blended.
- Transfer pasta mixture to an oven safe dish and spread bread crumbs over top and place in oven.
- Cook at 400 degrees until bread crumbs are golden brown. About 20-30min.
Note: Bread crumbs are optional. Choice of medium and hard cheeses can be substituted for personal taste.